Busara Promotions is a non-profit NGO, registered in Zanzibar in 2003. Our main event is the globally acclaimed Sauti za Busara music festival, held annually in Stone Town, Zanzibar.
In past years Sauti za Busara was funded by international donors (35%), commercial sponsors (40%) and self-generated income (25%). Unfortunately the 2016 edition had to be cancelled due to shortage of sponsors. We now urgently seek partnerships with the public and private sectors, to build a secure and sustainable future for the festival. Generous marketing packages are available for all partners and sponsors.
For sponsor packs or more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The 14th edition is scheduled for
9th – 12th February 2017. Over four days, the festival will include:
- Live Stages: Exciting and dynamic shows with 400 artists (40 groups) on stage: ‘Full Mzuka’, 100% live!
- Carnival Parade & Roadshow: Zanzibar Town and outlying districts also buzz with excitement!
- Movers & Shakers: Local and visiting industry professionals meet, network and exchange
Swahili Encounters: Local and visiting artists exchange and create artistic collaborations
Busara Xtra: Fringe events across the island, as organised by local communities
Every year since 2004, Sauti za Busara has been bringing people together in celebration of African music.
20,000 people attend over four days. 70% of audiences are from East Africa. International visitors attend
from across Africa, Europe, America, the Middle East and Asia.
To date the festival featured over 300 groups, with 70% from East Africa and others from across the African
Continent and diaspora: from Mali to Madagascar, Mauritania to Mauritius, Algeria to Zimbabwe.
Sauti za Busara showcases original, live, quality music that has cultural identity. At the same time, it:
- Builds local and global appreciation for African music
- Promotes peace and harmony, with respect for diversity
- Creates jobs and builds livelihoods
- Provides training and professionalism for East Africa’s creative industries
- Defends human rights and freedom of expression
- Boosts the economy, with traders reporting this is Zanzibar’s busiest week of the year.
Thanks to Sauti za Busara, Zanzibar is on the map as a leading destination for cultural tourism. The festival is widely promoted on the streets of East Africa, enjoys wide coverage on TV, radio, print and social media, and newsletters to 70,000 subscribers worldwide. Busaramusic.org gets 5m hits during Dec-Feb alone.
Sauti za Busara is one of ‘Africa’s best and most respected music events’ (BBC News). It’s also included in
CNN’s 7 African music festivals you really have to see.
See here for video highlights. For sponsor packs or more information, email email@example.com
Please help keep our festival alive and accessible for the people of Tanzania. Your support is greatly appreciated